Undergraduate enrollment: 2,800
Graduate enrollment: 300
Art & Design Program
Students Enrolled: 60
Graduates per Year: 12
UMHB is accredited by the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of College and Schools
Ted Barnes, M.F.A. (Dean)
Hershall Seals, M.F.A. (Chair)
Barbara Fontaine-White, M.F.A.
John Hancock, M.F.A.
Helen Kwaitkooski, M.F.A.
Degrees OfferedPart-time Faculty
Chris Baldridge, M.F.A.
Nancy Boulmay, M.F.A.
Nancy Isett, M.F.A.
Christa Mares, M.F.A
Robin McLauren, M.A.
Bill Woodward, B.F.A.
B.F.A. in Art Education
B.F.A. in Studio Art
B.F.A. in Visual Communication
B.A. in Art
Art & Design Program Highlights
- New 27,000 sq. ft. building, housing professional art studios and gallery space, expected move-in date August 2012.
- Dedicated and professional quality faculty with a passion to teach.
- Low student/teacher ratio allowing for a more intimate mentor type workshop environment.
- Course sequence is logical and leads to strong foundational knowledge.
- UMHB is centrally located between major art museums in Austin, Dallas/Ft. Worth, and Houston.
- Ample access to studios outside of scheduled class time.
- Private studio spaces designated for upper classmen.
- Summer foreign travel opportunities for art majors.
- A required internship class in visual communications providing an emphasis on practical industry relevant experience.
- A required studio capstone course and senior exhibition that strengthens the professional portfolio upon graduation.
- Annual participation by design students in the local American Advertising Federation ADDY competition.