SEEN Journal is CIVA’s semi-annual publication. Its pages contain critical essays, evocative art images, poetry, personal stories, book reviews, and resources and is sent free of charge to all CIVA members. If you are interested in advertising in the journal, please refer to the SEEN Journal Media Kit. To learn more about print and online ad opportunities, visit our Advertise with CIVA page. Most back issues of SEEN Journal may be purchased in the CIVA Store.
- SEEN Journal (XV:2) – The Sustainable Life
- SEEN Journal (XV:1) – Landscape
- SEEN Journal (XIV:1) – Come to the Table
- SEEN Journal XIV.1 – Unsettled Ground
- SEEN Journal XIII.2 – False Rivals
- SEEN Journal XIII.1 – JUSTart
- SEEN Journal XII.2 – Like a Child
- SEEN Journal XII.1 – Face to Face
- SEEN Journal XI.2 – Matter + Spirit
- SEEN Journal XI.1 – East West
- SEEN Journal X.2 – Making It
SEEN Journal puts your programs and products before a broad audience of educated and informed readers. For more than a decade the journal has been the primary publication of CIVA | Christians in the Visual Arts and its broad readership includes artists, students, scholars, and other arts professionals. SEEN Journal’s broad coverage of religious and cultural issues encompasses all forms of visual arts, ethics, education, science, and the church. Though concerned with the most important issues that today’s artists face. It is a handsomely designed and well-written ecumenical publication that appeals to Catholics, Protestants, and Orthodox believers alike. In particular our journal serves the following audiences.
- Artists: a diverse community of accomplished and emerging artists in all forms of media.
- Educators: school teachers and other faculty from art departments, graduate schools, and seminaries throughout North America.
- Leaders: pastors and arts ministry team leaders.
- Other Arts Professionals: curators, collectors, critics, designers, and publishers.
- Students and Emerging Artists: undergraduate and graduate students as well as artist just launching their art practices.