SEEN Journal is published twice each year by CIVA, full of critical essays, brilliant art images, poetry, personal stories, book reviews, and resources. SEEN is sent for free to all CIVA members. If you are interested in advertising in an upcoming issue of SEEN Journal please refer to the SEEN Journal Media Kit To learn more about print and online ad opportunities, visit our Advertise with CIVA Page. Here are some recent issues of SEEN (most back issues can be purchased in the CIVA Store)
- SEEN Journal XIV.1 - Unsettled Ground
- SEEN Journal XIII.2 – False Rivals
- SEEN Journal XIII.1 – JUSTart
- SEEN Journal XII.2 – Like a Child
- SEEN Journal XII.1 – Face to Face
- SEEN Journal XI.2 – Matter + Spirit
- SEEN Journal XI.1 – East West
- SEEN Journal X.2 – Making It
SEEN Journal puts your programs and products before a broad audience of educated and informed readers. For more than a decade SEEN Journal has been the primary publication of CIVA | Christiansin the Visual Arts. Founded in 1979, the organization’s longstanding vision is to help artists, arts pastors, collectors, critics, designers, filmmakers, historians, and theologians explore the profound relationship between art and faith. Throughout its thirty-five year history, CIVA has published many books and resources exploring art and faith, including the forthcoming Seeing the Unseen: A Church Gallery Handbook. CIVA’s recurring publications include: SEEN Journal;its biennial Sourcebook; and the VIEWS series. READERSHIP Reach your audience by advertising in the pages of SEEN—CIVA’s full-color, award-winning journal. SEEN Journal’s broad readership includes artists, students, scholars, and other arts professionals who value the rich images, compelling interviews, articles, essays, and reviews contained in its pages.
- Artists: CIVA draws artist-leaders from a diverse community of accomplished and emerging artists in all forms of media—perfect for your art communications and offers.
- Educators: CIVA’s audience includes faculty from art departments, graduate schools, and seminaries throughout North America. Through the pages of SEEN you can reach influential professors, theologians, and historians who are actively engaged in the art and faith movement.
- Leaders: From pastors to arts ministry team members, we can help you reach the leaders and decision makers of large and influential congregations who influence their church’s programming and purchasing decisions.
- Professionals: Curators, collectors, critics, designers, and a host of other professionals committed to Serious Art and Serious Faith.
- Students and Emerging Artists: Prospective college and M.F.A. students—the next generation of artists, ministry leaders, and scholars.
- A readership of the most influential art and faith leaders worldwide.
- A large subscriber base of influential professionals and educators.
- Serious, engaged readership of Christian parents looking for the best schools and programs for their children to pursue an education in Art and Faith. An exceptional journal that engages critical debates about the role of art and religion in our time.
- Past issues have featured articles by such significant contributors such as Christian Wiman, Calvin Seerveld, Tim Keller, Joel Sheesley, Bruce Herman, Matt Millner, Makoto Fujimura, Cecilia González-Andrieu, Robert Colvolo, Kevin Hamilton, Ted Prescott, Catherine Prescott, and Dan Siedell.
SEEN Journal is a premier journal addressing Serious Art and Serious Faith. It is founded on the conviction that Christians in the visual arts are called to creative work, devoted to the church and present in culture, and works to be a resource to help respond to that calling. SEEN Journal’s broad coverage of religious and cultural issues encompasses all forms of visual arts, ethics, education, science, and the church. Though concerned with the most important issues facingartists in our time, SEEN Journal is lively, readable, and entertaining. SEEN Journal is an ecumenical publication that appeals to Catholics, Protestants, and more. Cameron J. Anderson Publisher Ned Bustard Designer Margot Rogers Marketing/Circulation