Opportunities for artists to submit their work for exhibitions, events, and art-related collaborations are listed below. CIVA members are invited to post calls for art at no charge. Non-members are also welcome to post calls for art, however, there is a $50 fee for this service.
Submission Deadline: October 27, 2022
Exhibition Dates: November 27, 2022 – January 7, 2023
Juror: Dr. James Anno, Associate Curator at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (TX)
In the Gospel of Matthew, an angel appeared to Joseph in a dream to reveal that Mary’s child would save His people from their sins. The child Jesus would fulfill the promises God had made in the law and the prophets. A silent saint, Joseph is faithful. The Bible records no words spoken by him, only that he responded with action and obedience to what God revealed to him. In Joseph’s humility and obedience, he also fulfilled promises – welcoming Mary and her child into his family. During Advent we remember the promises of redemption and salvation, and Joseph reminds us that we can participate in those promises through the everyday choices we make.
Submission Deadline: November 1, 2022
Exhibition Opens: November 3, 2023
Location: Austin, Texas
Juror: Rev. Megan Peglar/Convener of the UCC Endowment for Creative Ministry
University Christian Church seeks artist proposals for the commissioning of a semi-permanent outdoor public art installation. Artist’s commission includes design, fabrication, delivery, and installation.
– Authentically reflect the communities around the church: congregants, students, faculty, staff, and others who live and work nearby
– Spark conversations between the thousands of individuals who walk by every day
– Be bold, eye-catching, and dynamic
– Convey a sense of hope that healing and wholeness are possible
– Themes of unity, expansive love, healing, and wholeness should be the emphasis of the piece.