What is Heart-to-Heart?
“Heart-to-Heart” is a new program for CIVA members. It brings together an intimate group of creative thinkers who feel called to pray for and encourage others as they serve God through the visual arts. These groups will seek God’s strength and guidance as they support, encourage, and pray for one another in their creative calling through their work and walk with the Lord.
- Heart to Heart consists of 4 sessions that meet once a month for 90 minutes.
- Each chamber is limited to 8 participants and a facilitator.
- These are FREE benefit for CIVA members.
- For membership information, please visit our membership page.
September – December 2020
1st Thursday of the Month
5:00-6:30 PM CT
Chamber 1 Leader: Barbara Lidfors
This chamber is full. Please fill out this interest form to be notified of future groups.
September – December 2020
1st Wednesday of the Month
12:00-1:30 PM CT
Chamber 2 Leader: Steven Homestead
What happens in a Heart-to-Heart chamber?
Ecumenical in nature, Heart-to-Heart chambers are a relational setting where CIVA members (artists and non) have an opportunity to share from their hearts with other artists about their responses to life’s situations. Led by experienced pastoral voices, participants will share what’s on their hearts in a supportive atmosphere as they navigate their daily lives. In these settings, participants are encouraged to listen and respond to each other and the Holy Spirit.
Heart-to-Heart chambers consist of approximately eight members who meet monthly on a shared virtual platform. Each 90-minute meeting consists of three parts:
- Part 1 consists of sharing and listening as participants build relationships and update each other on the things that have engaged their hearts over the last month. The following two questions will serve as a guide for this time, “What is the state of your Heart?” and “What is the state of your art?”
- Part 2 consists of a time of silent prayer as the group collectively listens for the Holy Spirit. After the prayer time, participants may share the Spirit’s response through words of encouragement, the reading of scripture, and sharing of perspectives or assurances.
- Part 3 consists of prayer for each other. Led by the facilitator, the group will intentionally seek the Lord in prayer for each other. CIVA desires this to be a time of encouragement as fellow believers share their burdens and celebrate answered prayers with the group.
We recognize our members come from a variety of prayer traditions and practices. As Christians, we believe Christ unites us, and this is an opportunity to embrace the diversity within these different traditions and learn from each other. Therefore, we are committed to creating an environment where all participants are comfortable regardless of their background or prayer practices.
Disclaimer: Heart-to-Heart focuses on building supportive friendships through shared prayer. It should not replace professional counseling, therapy, or other forms of support groups.