200 Manor Avenue
Langhorne, PA 18940
Student Enrollment: 1,216
Art Department Enrollment: 20
Cairn University believes that truth, beauty, and goodness find their source in God and that artistic, creative endeavors manifest the divine image in humankind. Our art programs help students develop a biblically informed perspective on arts and culture throughout history, in the church, and in society.
The educational aim of the arts at Cairn is to develop artists that are skillful in technique, knowledgeable in art practices and history, and creatively competent. We desire that our students develop as artists who understand themselves in the context of community and see personal development as a means of contributing and serving.
Located in Langhorne, Pennsylvania, only 25 minutes from Center City Philadelphia, Cairn University is only a train ride away from the rich culture and history of Philadelphia, New York City, and Washington DC. On campus, students will have their art education supported and enhanced by the following:
• A rotating art gallery which features works from two artists each year
• Exposure to and feedback from visiting artists
• A rich background of the history of visual problems and solutions in culture
• A balance of traditional methods with current artistic approaches to making art
• The Student Visual Arts Society (SVAS), a student-led group, which hosts art-making workshops and fine art and photography exhibitions on campus throughout the school year
• A top-of-the-line MAC lab to support the efforts of graphic design students
• Access to the art studio outside of classroom hours
• Artist apprenticeships that allow students the opportunity to experience the use of their talents in the field.
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Association of Biblical Higher Education
Association of Christian Schools International
Andrea Fiori – M.Ed., Co-Chair
Matthew Stemler – B.F.A.- Co-Chair
Cayla Belser- L.P.C.
Nicholas Mariakis – M.Arch. I
Mary DeClerico – B.F.A.
B.A. Studio Arts
B.A. Community Arts
B.A. Graphic Design
B.A. Pre-Art Therapy