Undergraduate Enrollment: 90
Art & Design Program:
Art Department Graduates per Year: 24
- Middle State Association of Colleges and Schools
- Pennsylvania Dept of Education (PDE)
- National Association of Schools of Art & Design (NASAD)
Brenton Good, M.F.A. – Chair, Department of Art and Design
Daniel Finch, M.F.A.
Christine Forsythe, M.F.A.
Don Forsythe, M.F.A.
David Kasparek, M.F.A.
Sean Matthews, M.F.A.
Susanna Caroselli, PhD – Professor Emerita
Ted Prescott, M.F.A. – Professor Emeritus
Peter Mollenkoff, M.F.A.
Young Won, B.F.A.
Jonathan Bean, M.F.A
Miriam Carpenter, B.F.A.
2D Studies [painting, photo, printmaking, drawing] 3D Studies [ceramics, sculpture, fibers] Graphic Design & Digital Art
- We are learners and teachers dedicated to the creation, interpretation, and encouragement of visual art and design through the study of art education, art history, and studio art.
- We develop our abilities to appreciate, comprehend, and assess the myriad forms of artistic expression in the past, present, and future.
- Students in the Department of Art and Design create a wide range of vibrant work in a variety of mediums and media.
- Our courses focus on developing and refining both technical and conceptual skills, so every student has the opportunity to discover his/her own artistic voice and stylistic direction.
- Students create a bodies of creative work for public exhibition and professional portfolios.
- As a student in the Department of Art and Design, you will study the best of the past and the present in both art history and studio courses.
- You will learn to make connections between what you are studying in your major and in your liberal arts courses and you will develop the ideas and the skills necessary for a mature work as an artist, educator, or historian.
- The department is ready to serve the aspiring artist with 11 dedicated studio/ classroom spaces that are well equipped with appropriate tools and technology.
- We offer studios devoted to processes such as photography, ceramics, fibers/textiles, sculpture, printmaking, painting, graphics, along with dedicated studio space for seniors.
- The Department of Art and Design takes regularly scheduled trips to nearby locations such as New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington DC to view art and attend events.