College of Visual and Performing Arts
900 College Street
Belton, TX 76513
Dr. Kathryn Fouse, Dean
Undergraduate enrollment: 3,361
Graduate enrollment: 486
Art & Design Program
Students Enrolled: 94
Graduates per Year: 19
UMHB is accredited by the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of College and Schools
Hershall Seals, M.F.A. (Chair)
Sarah Andyshak, PhD
Stephanie Chambers, M.F.A.
Barbara Fontaine-White, M.F.A.
John Hancock, M.F.A.
David Hill, M.F.A.
Matt Smith, M.F.A.
Chris Baldridge, M.F.A.
Ted Barnes, M.F.A.
David Harmon, M.F.A.
Jeff Harris, M.A., M.F.A.
Robin McLaurin, M.A., M.F.A.
Marilyn Ritchie, Legacy Adjunct
Hugo Shi M.F.A.
B.F.A. with a major in Art Education
B.F.A. with a major in Studio Art
B.F.A. with a major in Graphic Design
B.A. in Art
Art & Design Program Highlights
- New 27,000 sq. ft. building, housing professional art studios and gallery space, expected move-in date August 2012.
- Dedicated and professional quality faculty with a passion to teach.
- Low student/teacher ratio allowing for a more intimate mentor type workshop environment.
- Course sequence is logical and leads to strong foundational knowledge.
- UMHB is centrally located between major art museums in Austin, Dallas/Ft. Worth, and Houston.
- Ample access to studios outside of scheduled class time.
- Private studio spaces designated for upper classmen.
- Summer foreign travel opportunities for art majors.
- A required internship class in visual communications providing an emphasis on practical industry relevant experience.
- A required studio capstone course and senior exhibition that strengthens the professional portfolio upon graduation.
- Annual participation by design students in the local American Advertising Federation ADDY competition.