To showcase new, original scripture-inspired art in ways that will
shift the culture from division to unity both inside and outside the Church.
1. To encourage people to establish a lifelong daily habit of reading, reflecting on, and responding to Scripture.
2. To gather and showcase various forms of original art that represent the spiritual battle portrayed by Scripture in Ephesians Chapter 6, verses 10-20;
3. To transform people through art as it portrays Scripture to them in ways that touch their souls;
4. To remind the Church of the value and purpose of artists and their art; and
5. To re-introduce artists to Scripture as a source of inspiration.
Why? Because people who engage with Scripture 4+ times/week
move closer to Jesus and their lives improve.
Engage Art Contest —
A juried competition for original visual art, music video, film and performing arts. The topic is the Spiritual Battle described in Ephesians 6:10-20 and related verses. The current contest runs from June 1, 2019, to May 31, 2020, and is open to people 18 or older who live in North America. $100,000 in cash prizes, plus exposure opportunities, and the first 2 entries in each category have no entrance fee.
Engage Art Write — a monthly contest
500 words on Why Art Matters to people and institutions of faith. Through May 2020. $200 for each monthly winner; monthly winners will compete against each other for a second prize.
Art Education Tool —
Submit visual art based on any Scripture to be considered for inclusion in a curated education tool. Submissions will need to include the Scripture that you associate with the artwork and a statement about the art and its meaning by the artist. June through August 2019
Please see our website for more information, especially https://engageart.org/contest/