17 West 27th Street, 3rd Floor
New York, New York 10001
The New York City Price of Life Invitational is a city-wide, campus-based, faith-inspired campaign addressing human trafficking in all its forms, spearheaded by InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, World Vision, and a diverse coalition of organizations.
The Price of Life Invitational (“POL”) seeks to bring together campus and student leaders with business leaders, professionals, churches, scholars, and local and international non-profits to educate and mobilize the community to fight modern day slavery.
- Broaden the coalition of New York City organizations and individuals who are actively seeking to establish justice in the arena of human trafficking.
- Forward the conversation and stimulate new ideas about how to fight human trafficking in New York City and around the world.
- Clarify the connection between faith, spirituality, and justice and help people work to establish freedom and flourishing of victims of modern day slavery.
- Establish new networks of abolitionists on New York City college campuses
Specifically, we aim to:
- Develop 600 NYC students to lead the way in impacting their campuses & the world
- Mobilize 10,000 advocates around the issue of human trafficking, while sharing the freedom and hope Jesus offers in fighting this evil
- Inform 50,000 people about human trafficking
- Raise $150,000 to support anti-human trafficking work around the corner and around the world
Our programming includes:
- A week of over 80 focused events on 10+ NYC campuses from October 4-13, 2013.
- City-wide events focused on how human trafficking can be fought through major pillars of society, including law, medicine, business, politics, education, the family, entertainment, and sports.
- 60 interactive art exhibits (https://priceoflifenyc.org/proxe/) where students can engage in discussion about human trafficking and how the teaching of Jesus are relevant to the issue.
- Lead-up events such as trainings, discussions, service opportunities, and prayer gatherings.
- A Freedom Festival at NYC’s beautiful and recently renovated City Center, including performances, an expo, and a finale show.
- Follow-up to help volunteers engage with human trafficking beyond their campus and beyond the Price of Life.
How can artists be involved in abolitionist work? This is how one of our interns Maria Berruti responded. Read her blog post here: https://priceoflifenyc.org/beauty-in-the-brokenness/
Other ways to get involved:
- Host a “Just Art” forum and invite your friends!
- Create art in response to human trafficking and send us a picture at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create an interactive art display that will engage students in conversations about human trafficking and the gospel. Visit priceoflifenyc.org/proxe to learn how!
- Visit our website and get connected: priceoflifenyc.org/get-involved