In January 2015 CIVA published its 35th Anniversary Sourcebook, a hub of connection for a broad network of Christians in the visual arts. Printed in full-color and circulated internationally, the Sourcebook is an excellent opportunity for artists, organizations, and institutions to “see” and “be seen.”
For years I’ve been “renting” color reproduction space in the Sourcebook, often a full page image. Mostly this began as a means of supporting CIVA’s mission, but I discovered that this directory was being consulted by curators, gallerists, and universities seeking artist-exhibitor-speakers. I have derived many exhibits and deep encouragement coming from being a full participant in CIVA.
—Bruce Herman, Artist and Professor
I have used the Sourcebook for years as a valuable resource for finding artists to show in my gallery, artwork for use in books I am designing, and pieces to publish in SEEN Journal and other magazines.
—Ned Bustard, Designer and Curator
The CIVA Sourcebook (or Directory) is a tradition with roots back to the very founding of the organization. This publication is means both to showcase our members and provide a point of connection for Christians in the Visual Arts worldwide. Each CIVA Individual Member, Organization, Gallery/Museum, Church, and Educational Institution receives a copy of the Sourcebook and this listing has often led to commissions, shows, lectureships, and other benefits for members listed in the book. Each edition of the CIVA Sourcebook contains:
- A juried exhibit of artwork by CIVA Members
- Listings and contact information for: Art Organizations; Art Programs offered by Educational Institutions; Art Galleries and Museums; Churches and Ministries supporting the arts.
- Listings and contact information for nearly a thousand CIVA Members who are artists, educators, curators, collectors, patrons, students, and church leaders.
- Resources for people who care about Serious Art and Serious Faith.
- Images of contemporary visual artwork by CIVA members.
This beautiful resource comes free with a CIVA membership.