SEEN Journal is CIVA’s semiannual publication, included as a perk of CIVA membership. It contains critical essays, evocative art, poetry, personal stories, book reviews, and resources. Within you’ll find broad coverage of religious and cultural issues encompassing visual arts, ethics, education, science, and an ecumenical dialogue of the church.
If you are interested in advertising in the journal, please refer to our advertising rates. Most back issues of SEEN Journal are available for purchase in the CIVA Store. Writers interested in contributing please share your ideas here.
SEEN Journal is CIVA’s twice-annual publication which has a broad readership including
- artists and designers working in all forms of media
- art department faculty, graduate schools, and seminaries
- pastors and arts ministry leaders
- curators, collectors, critics, and historians
- prospective college and M.F.A. students
- churches and other arts organizations
The Summer’s SEEN Journal will focus on the theme of “Commission” in both its theological and artistic meanings. In addition to the usual terrific articles on art and faith, this special edition will include a space for CIVA artists who are seeking commissions to create custom works of art.
Current and Past Issues
*Not pictured: SEEN Journal X.1 – East West