Open arts related career opportunities are listed below. CIVA member organizations and institutions are invited to post job openings on the CIVA website, free of charge. Non-members are also welcome to announce open job positions, however, there is a $50 fee for this service.
Trinity International University
The ideal candidate will be committed to pursuing excellence in teaching at the college level; will have professional experience in design; will possess an MFA in graphic design or an equivalent field-related terminal degree (or have comparable professional qualifications); will be proficient in Adobe CC (additional skills such as photography, motion graphics, and/or videography are a plus); and will be committed to faith integration in their discipline & in the classroom, passionate about mentoring and advising students, & dedicated to active participation in student recruitment.
This position has the potential to develop into a tenure-track position.
April 1, 2020
Alicia Ware, email@example.com
Grünewald Guild Internships
Guild internships may last from 3 weeks to 5 months. All Guild interns work a 40-hour week, with work time divided into three categories:
- 20 hours/week: specific internship-related tasks and projects, as directed by the internship supervisor(s)
- 10 hours/week: self-guided professional development, with occasional input from the internship supervisor(s)
- 10 hours/week: participation in general community chores, as directed by the guest care coordinator
Guild interns receive free room & board for the duration of their internship, one free Guild class, and significantly reduced tuition on any additional classes they choose to take. Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to provide financial compensation for our interns; however, some previous interns have been able to secure funding through their school’s financial aid office or their home church congregation. Up to $500 travel reimbursements will be issued to interns upon completion of the summer program.
Accepted until positions are filled
Cedarville University – Assistant Professor of Interactive Design
The Cedarville University Department of Art, Design, and Theatre seeks an imaginative and highly-motivated Assistant Professor of Interactive Design. This is a full-time, tenure track-eligible teaching. The applicant best suited for the position will:
- Provide a portfolio of work demonstrating excellence in web/interactive design, research, and the application of industry-standard technical skills including front-end web development
- Demonstrate a record of professional experience and achievement
- Sustain professional and academic work appropriate to the discipline
- Actively contribute to the development of the interactive design program
- Possess a commitment to market-oriented curriculum
- Mentor and disciple students
- Be committed to biblically-integrated curriculum
Accepted until position is filled
Jennifer Cochran, jcochran@cedarville.
Wheaton College Art Department – Professor of Community Art/Social Practice (Tenure Track)
The Art Department at Wheaton College invites applications for an Assistant or Associate, tenure-track faculty position in Studio or Community Art/Social Practice to begin Fall 2020. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment and ongoing experience in social practice/community art, be exemplary in a field such as drawing, printmaking, illustration, design, or art education, be able to contribute to our foundations program, and hold a terminal degree (MFA or equivalent). Teaching load is three courses per semester, with actual course assignment based on experience and departmental need. Additional responsibilities include student advising, department and college service, and community engagement.
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
George Washington University – Corcoran School of the Arts and Design Director
The Corcoran School of the Arts and Design invites applications for a full time, tenure track or tenured appointment as Director to begin as early as Fall 2020. The appointment will be made at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor, commensurate with experience.
The Director will be responsible for the overall implementation of the mission and day-to-day operations of the Corcoran School. The Director works closely with University faculty and personnel, and with external partners including community stakeholders, alumni, and funders, to shape the strategic, programmatic, financial, fundraising, and management operations of the School. They support the mission and vision of the Corcoran School as well as its integration within the Columbian College of Arts and Sciences, The George Washington University, the Washington, D.C. community, and the art and design fields at large.
The Director will:
- Provide academic and artistic leadership by inspiring faculty, students, staff, alumni, donor partners, and professional colleagues
- Advance the national and international reputation and visibility of the Corcoran School
- Contribute to the creation of community and unity within the School
- Lead efforts to integrate the curriculum of the Corcoran programs
- Lead efforts to unify the administrative infrastructures that support the Corcoran programs and facilitate accounting to GW and accrediting bodies
- Coordinate efforts to organize school facilities, capital resources, and leadership and reporting structures
- Oversee the School’s fiscal resources and manage personnel in partnership with the Columbian College Dean’s office
- Oversee the recruitment and retention of diverse faculty and students
- Work closely with University and college-level leadership to manage enrollment for the Corcoran
- Facilitate collaborations among faculty and students, both within the School and with other departments of Columbian College, other GW schools, and community partners, including programming in the School’s facilities
- Advocate for the school internally and externally to advance the mission of GW
- Develop and execute clear and realistic fundraising strategies along with sound fiscal management
- Serve as the public face for the arts and design for GW in the broader community
Applications accepted until position is filled.